Thursday, March 16, 2006

Interview Shock

I went to an interview for some part-time work today and was asked a few questions which led me to believe that the interviewer had some clue of what he was doing and talking about!

One question which I was asked and hadn't heard in years was, what is your philosophy of teaching. SHOCK. I hadn't thought deeply enough about that recently to give a smooth, well-thought out answer, but I did ok, because at least I have one developed and refined over the years.

Perhaps I should had said what 2 different Berlitz IS told me: "I don't care what you do as long as the students enjoy it and think they learn something." Somehow, I believe that response would have gotten me laughed out of the room, Actually, he would have laughed and thrown rocks at me. Thougn in the end, I am somewhat skeptical that it makes a lot of difference in Japan. Perhaps the Berlitz idea isn't so far off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment