Friday, July 27, 2007

Wildlife books

I mentioned earlier that I had been having trouble finding wildlife-related books and magazines at bookstores here. I did finally find several types of field guides----just what I was looking for---at Kinokuniya in Takashimaya Dept store in Futakotamagawa. I guess they are not sold so widely because Japanese have such a close connection with nature that they have the knowledge available in their DNA. Or, perhaps it is like my wife said "They're not needed. Nobody cares." She was only half joking. Poor barcode head Fujiwara Masahiko-chan would have peed his undies had he heard that. But then again, he did write in his book that many Japanese who speak English well should shut up because they ruin the impression that Japanese are deep. He did not, however, follow his own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment