Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh, what a topsy-turvy world!

I just went down to the local 7-11 and I saw a new type of candy---CHOCOLATE HAMBURGERS!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! OH MY GOD!!! ONLY IN JAPAN!

How weird. How utterly unfathomable. How could anyone think up chocolate burgers? How could anyone think up candy in the shape of other food??? Oh, the mystery of the Orient. How weird and strange it is here. How weird and strange the people are. I think I can never understand them. Of course no westerner could possibly do so. It is too different. It is on a different plane. Logic does not apply. Chocolate hamburger candy. Eeeewwwww.

After I saw that, I was so confused that I went outside and started running around in circles hooting like an owl and I am not even a journalist out for the night in Roppongi. I may apply for a job as one though, either with the Financial Times----or should the FT find that I am not sufficiently confused by mysterious Japan---the Boston Globe.

Candy shaped like normal food. Wow. What will be next? Candy cigarettes? Little wax bottles of fake soda? Who knows? It could happen in weird Japan. Oh, wait. They had candy cigarettes and fake soda in little wax bottles in the US when I was a kid. Now I am even more confused. I may qualify for a top management position at the FT.

No comments:

Post a Comment